Friday, January 19, 2007

Leiah got her first shots



The first thing the nurse asks is if both Cami and I have taken a Tylenol for the tramatic expereince we will have in watching. She was being funny. nice.

I was the holder. I held Lieah close to me and then supported her leg. She was to get 2 shots in each thigh. The nurse warns us one more time so that we are not surprised, "this is going to hurt and she will cry".

The first shot goes into her thigh and immediately her face turns red, short silence and then a cry that would break any parent's heart. Cami and i did everything to hold back our tears. Leiah looked up at me and if her eyes could speak, said, "dad, why are you letting her hurt me" - or at least that is how I felt.

She did well during the day and needed lots of snuggling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy!! Take courage Daddy...it always will be more painful for you then Leiah....